Gold Star Husband And A Retired Army Officer Defends President Trump

Joe and Shannon Kent with their children.Courtesy Joe Kent

NBC: Trump came to Dover after my wife was killed fighting ISIS. He absolutely respects our service.

I'd never met a president before Donald Trump. His empathy and thoughtfulness on one of the worst days of my life won my gratitude.

“Hey, Joe,” a quiet but familiar voice said to me from the doorway of a small room with plush furniture. The room was meant to provide as much comfort as possible for the families of military members on the worst day of their life: the day the remains of their loved ones are returned to them at Dover Air Force Base.

I had been alone in the room for only a few minutes and was exhausted but restless; the previous three days felt like three years and three minutes all at once, because so much had been taken from my family so quickly and irrevocably that I felt like I was back at war and had just gotten attacked, but unlike in war, I couldn’t fight back.

That voice from the doorway, though, was familiar because it belonged to a man I had seen on television countless times: President Donald Trump. As he approached me, he extended his right hand to shake mine, placed his left hand on my shoulder, looked me in my eyes and said, “I’m so sorry for your loss. Shannon was an amazing woman and warrior.”

Read more ....

WNU Editor: Because of the Atlantic story and its claims that President Trump has and is disrespecting fallen soldiers, a number of Gold Star families are now coming out publicly to defend the President. The above is one of those stories.

Update: With each passing day we are going to learn more about why the Atlantic story was posted, and the motivations of those who promoted it .... Evidence piles up that the phony Atlantic story about Trump and troops was a slime job to boost Biden (Monica Showalter, American Interest). More here .... Did Pro-Biden Vet Group Collude With The Atlantic Or Anonymous White House Sources To Release Anti-Trump Ad? (The Federalist).

from War News Updates https://ift.tt/3592pBK
Gold Star Husband And A Retired Army Officer Defends President Trump Gold Star Husband And A Retired Army Officer Defends President Trump Reviewed by crazy on 10:38 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Business

Powered by Blogger.